Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disabling Error Reporting in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 damando

damando

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I would like to know if I disable the "Error Reporting" program is this also the "Event Viewer" program ? Posted Image or are these two separate programs ? I just do not feel comfortable having my personal home computer telling Posted Image (mother Microsoft) any of my personal "Error Reporting" problems However I still want to be able to know when and why my computer rebooted in the middle of the night at the same time for no apparent reason.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

The event log and error reporting are two separate programs. You may disable error reporting without affecting the event log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users