Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The setting on the computer do notr match requirements for the newtwork

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I am UNABLE to connect to my home wi-fi after a brief power interruption... it get the following message "The settings on this computer do not match the requirements for this network." and the 'connect' button is grayed out!!! my wired internet works just fine after the power flash. but my wireless seems to NOT want to allow me to connect!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

EXCUSE ME?????????? THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM AND NOBODY IS HELPING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP FIXING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

It would help if you were to post the make and model of your computer.

It would also help to know what make and model your router is.

Just so you understand, posting in all capital letters is considered to be shouting.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Do you have a wireless card installed in your PC ?

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

First, if known, can you please post the Make and Model of your computer - If it is not a Brand Make, any other details would help ......
Is this only on one computer, or is there more than one concerned - All listed programs can be transferred from one computer to another with a USB stick.

Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Directions

Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:
•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
List Devices > Problem Only <
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

Thank You -

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

EXCUSE ME?????????? THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM AND NOBODY IS HELPING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP FIXING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello -
You have had 3 responses so far - Is this still a "Real Problem", or is it fixed??

NOTE: Click on the Watch Topic at the top of this page, and you will be notified in your emails when you have an answer -

Thank You -

#7 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Generally this is a message that the saved network credentials have changed - like the WPA / WEP password on the router have changed but the computer is still tring to log in with it's saved network setting - this can usually be solved by going to the 'network and sharing center' and finding the manage wireless network selection then deleting the saved network - then connecting to the network and entering in the right password.

Please check your router as after a power outage funny stuff happens - you may need to get hardwire ethernet connection to do this if you unable to connect wirelessly - you may need to reset the router if hardline doesn't work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users