Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mmorpgs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 vise

vise

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:01 PM

any1 know any good onine MMORPGs or RPGs? god ones though - anyone know anyhting good not lame - apart from runescape

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:14 PM

Personally, I love Guild Wars! It's an mmorpg that's similar to runescape, but way more indepth and as far as graphics and game play, it totally spanks runescape! It's got it's own little economy that changes with what is sold and for how much; you can make parties of up to 8 ppl depending on where you are in the game; to start, you choose a profession (monk, warrior, ranger etc.) and then a few minutes into the game you get to choose a secondary profession (like a warrior/monk or a ranger/mesmer) which makes for a lot of different types of characters to play. Furthermore, the online gameplay is FREE!!!!! :thumbsup: Unlike World of Warcraft (WoW) which costs $15 per month to play. With guild wars, you buy the game then online play is free.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:22 PM

All my computer geek friends basically live in the world of WoW (world of warcraft). Unfortunately, the big thing that turns me off (as stevealmighty stated) is that it requires a monthly subscription fee to keep playing... I like to live with the fact that, once i buy a game, i should always be able to play it without having to pay anything extra.

I have seen guild wars, and it looks pretty cool, sort of like WoW Light. I don't think it has as many features or as much depth, but i've heard that it's the best free MMORPG out there.

Personally, i'm not into the whole MMORPG scene... takes up too much time, too much dedication, and would take out of my CS:S time.... lol

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

Even though there is a monthly subscription fee, WoW is certainly worth the money.It is HUGE, and the the company has not nerfed it to death.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 29 March 2006 - 03:58 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:01 PM

Even though there is a monthly subscription fee, WoW is certainly worth the money.It is HUGE, and the the company has not nerfed it to death.
Cheers,
John

While I can't stand paying to play a game that I've already purchased, I must admit that I have not talked to a single person that has played WoW and fallen in love with it!

However, it's back to "pay to play", which is why a lot of people do guild wars, which I also haven't heard anything bad about.

TBH though (and it hurts me to say this because I love guild wars), I've talked to a lot of people who have played both GW and WoW, and the majority of them (let's say 6 out of 10) like WoW better :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 29 March 2006 - 04:04 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:03 PM

I love Knight Online. It's pretty much like WoW but free and there are 2 races You can pick which one you want and sometimes the other races attacks your city.
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

#7 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

I love world of warcraft.

One BIG Advantage with world of warcraft is that once you leave a city you can still see other people and group with them...

#8 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:18 AM

nat sci do you have a link for that knight online im bored of runescape and need something new to play and this sound okay.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#9 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

Another MMORPG is Eve-Online but you have to pay a monthly fee of 30 dollars i think it is but you can get a 14 day free trial off alot of game sites and if you buy a disk of it in a store you get 30days free. I personaly downloaded the client off the website and went to www.mmorpg.com and got a free serial number for 14days free but they ran out so i havnt played it since and does anybody have a price range for Guild Wars ?
I can only learn what i want to learn.

#10 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

It's about $40 from Electronics Boutique HERE.
Posted Image

#11 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

Whats the game play and fighting like?
I can only learn what i want to learn.

#12 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:20 AM

There is a free mmorpg that is somewhat styled like Diablo 2 with the over head camera. Its called conquer online.

It isn't the greatest game but it is free however to have the most fun you'd really need to be a high level because its more of a PVP based game and people are bastards and will PK lots of people for no reason (or with the goal of getting on the top 10 PK points list).

The only online game I've played is Diablo 2 but I know conquer isn't as good as the others but since its free you really can't go wrong.

awsome, #300 posts.

Edited by Wizdabest, 01 April 2006 - 08:28 AM.

#13 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

But for the 30$ a month for Eve-Online... World of Warcraft is awsome (It's from blizzard what did you expect) and it is only 15$CAD a month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users