Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestion Of Advertisements...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:39 PM

I accidently clicked on an "add" link, you know, the one's in the box above the forums, and it brought me to a different page, but it was in this webpage. I clicked on a few more adds just to be sure, and when I clicked on them, I was brought to a different website in the same browser window, which meant that I couldn't view bleepingcomputer.com any more.

I'm no pro, and am certainly not trying to be a pain, but in the interests of promoting bleepingcomputer.com, I should think that it might be better for this site if clicking on an add opened a seperate window with the add in it. TBH, I just think that by opening an add in a different window (leaving the user the ability to continue browsing bleepingcomputer.com) will allow for more people on the site for longer periods of time, and I should also think that it would make for better numbers of people on the site for grinler to get more advertisers.

I'm sure that there's a reason for how the ads work, or maybe it was overlooked (doubt the latter of the 2). If bleepingcomputer.com doesn't want to cause popups, how about putting something like "Clicking on an add will open another window and will not interupt your visit to www.bleepingcomputer.com".

Just a suggestion, take it, leave it, or simply tell me to stfu and keep my nose out of this site!

Respectfully,

Steve
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users