Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Will Not Start Up.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dwindler

dwindler

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:18 PM

Hi,
Hope this is in the correct place!

Recently my pc has begun to freeze on me. I downloaded microsoft anti spyware i think and firstly came up with 2 x trojens and i think it was wrm also. My pc froze again on me and now i cannot get it to reboot correctly.

I managed to get it into safe mode and ran the scan again. But half way through it froze again and prompted me with it had to close down due to an error?

At the moment i have my laptop here and would appreciate any help i could get.

My PC is made by Syren, and it comes with a System Restore Disc. When i try to run the disc(I am happy to loose all data on my pc) i am prompted with cannot find disc drive?

The other main error i get is straight away on boot up: DISC BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER, but when i do nothing happens.

I really have little knowledge about restoring and only hope someone may be able to assist me.

Thnx hopefully

Peter

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dwindler

dwindler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

Just for info, I think the issue is solved. Once sure i can always post up my findings.

Great site, lot`s of handy info here.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users