Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading laptop display

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kamador451

kamador451

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I am thinking of upgrading my laptop display. I have an Acer Aspire s3-951-6646. This is what I know about it:

Compatibility:

Acer ASPIRE ULTRABOOK S3-951-6646

Size:

13.3-inch WideScreen (11.3"x7.1")

Resolution:

WXGA (1366x768) HD

Type:

Glossy

Backlight type:

LED

So I have never upgrading a laptop display before. I was wondering if someone can direct me on what kinds of things I need to look out for. I was thinking this might be compatible Condition:BRAND NEWBrand:AcerScreen:Acer Aspire S7 Series S7-391-F74Q Laptop ScreenSize:13.3"Resolution:(1920 x 1080) Full-HDBacklight:LEDAspect Ratio:Wide (16:9)Screen Type:Thin-film transistor (TFT) Active-matrix Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for touch-screen laptop (digitizer not included)
from http://www.lcds4less.com/AcerLaptop__Acer_Aspire_S7_Series_S7-391-F74Q__laptop-screens.html

It is the same size, it is LED and it is 1080p (what I am looking for)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Replacing a broken panel is fairly easy as it has the exact same dimensions and connections, but an upgrade might not be possible. This is especially true if the dimensions are not exact as the "lid" to the laptop has to close. Aside from the drives and the RAM, upgrading a laptop is extremely difficult to do. According to the Acer website, the S3-951-6646 has an HDMI port, you can buy a standalone monitor and use that.

3939.png

#3 iceman85

iceman85

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

1366x768 resolution for a 13" is not that bad at all... I dont think its possible to get something higher anyways

I have a 14" and 1440x768

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users