Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"jusched error registry key" message, freezes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 JoanneMT

JoanneMT

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Attached File  jusched error registry key.JPG   18.14KB   15 downloads

While cleaning this desktop PC XP SP3, I used add/remove programs to uninstall all Java entries. A program with no space usage information was on the list that I've tried to uninstall several times, but it freezes the add/remove programs page. The error message that appears is "jusched error registry key" and it opens the Oracle website.

Attached is the print screen of the event. I was able to move out of there and restart the PC normally. Now, if I can upload the pic to this page - sorry, it won't cut/paste but I'm sorry, it looks too small to read. It says "Warning can't delete value ... registry key ... Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\ ..." I am comfortable with filenames, and have looked at the registry, but not comfortable deleting an entry, even if it looks wrong to me...

I am running XP on this machine, not sure what Windows NT is.

I am trying to make sure this PC is clean so I can logon safely to a site. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Create a restore point.

Lets get rid of all traces of java from your machine.

Download and install the Windows installer clean up utility.
http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl...fed59/100018442/software/security/msicuu2.exe

Then open the file.
Hit the start button.
Left click my computer
Double click the C: drive.
Program files.
Windows installer clean up.

Select the Msicuu app.

Remove any thing related to java.

Reboot your machine.

Download the program below run it hit the scan button allow it to complete then hit the delete button then reboot the machine and test the issue.
http://www.sur-la-toile.com/RogueKiller/RogueKiller.exe

After completing the above task then Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it.If TFC doesnt prompt a reboot then please do so manually

Please download JavaRa
http://raproducts.org/click/click.php?id=1
to your desktop and unzip it to its own
folder
Run JavaRa.exe (double-click for XP/right-click and Run as Administrator for Vista), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then
click Remove Older Versions.
Accept any prompts.
Please Get the latest copy of Java from the link below.
http://java.com/en/

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 23 January 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#3 JoanneMT

JoanneMT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. Such nice instructions, the "please" is really cool how Bleepers write instructions. Thank you.

I am having trouble with the first link. If you notice, there's a ... in it, and I get a "not on this server" error. I looked all over, searched for a Windows-Installer-Clean Up-Utility which gave results, but actually downloaded something else that was not on Softpedia. Would you kindly check the link for me Please?

Thank you :-)

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

This one works.

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Thanks Queen-Evie :thumbup2:

#6 JoanneMT

JoanneMT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thank you both for your kind assistance. I managed to work through all of them successfully. Sorry I didn't note XP SP3 above.

Before I started, Secunia was showing that Java JRE 1.5 - 5x needed updates so I set it to "ignore". I've decided to get rid of Java altogether since it hasn't been needed since the original delete, in Chrome and explorer 8.

Step 1, msicuu2.exe, did not show any references to Java or JRE. Just as FYI, It did not have the options to Hit the start button.Left click my computer.Double click the C: drive.Program files. Perhaps those are on the paid PRO version; but it did list executables. I didn't see anything to delete.

Step 2, RogueKiller.exe found items in the Registry so I deleted them.
Step 3, TFC.exe found lots of stuff to delete and requested a reboot which I did.
Step 4, JavaRa.exe did find the older files and deleted them. I also had it check for all in "additional tasks" and I deleted those files also.

In between each step, after restart, I checked the add/remove programs and saw the little nasty still there. But after I finished all the steps and restarted, I saw that the little nasty had changed(?) to CVE-2012-4752 with no "size" info. and now Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 are both now without "size" info. It does show .NET versions 2,0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1.

Attached File  jresults from usched error registry key repair.JPG   17.13KB   5 downloads Sorry, it got small again. It says:

"Installer Error"

"Warning: can't delete value '{a1447.......]sdb 'under registry key
"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\iexplore.exe'.

#7 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Perhaps those are on the paid PRO version

I am certain you downloaded the wrong program
java installs via the msi you need to download this tool.
http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

Follow the first instruction this tool will list java on your machine. :thumbup2:

#8 JoanneMT

JoanneMT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Thank you, InadequateInfirmity. Some of those free websites say they will give you the specified program, but then download something else. It can be quite a puzzle. I have a file of "Downloads", many duplicates; at least they are in one place.

#9 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

So running the msi clean up tool you were able to..........?

#10 JoanneMT

JoanneMT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Thank you for staying with me, II.

I went to the other link, Geeks, and it too had a puzzle for getting the msi cleanup tool. When I finally got it, it was the same program I got with the previous link.

I still haven't gotten a program that has the options you describe. It is simply a list of programs, and none appeared to be associated with Java. So I closed it and proceeded as described.

#11 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Ok lets try this.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc
http://download.sysinternals.com/files/Autoruns.zip
Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

#12 JoanneMT

JoanneMT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

InadequateInfirmity,
Thank you for the Autoruns idea. I am on my other PC, the HP XP SP3. It has other problems to deal with, and I'm simultaneously trying to remove all Java from this machine too, but one thing at a time. EXCEPT, on this machine, I found a Java file in Sample_Pictures in MyPictures in MyDocuments. When I clicked Sample_Picture10, it showed a folder named Java with two folders in there: jre6 and jre7. I have Revo Installer on this machine, and it offered to uninstall the two files' program names bolded above. There was a QTJava.zip file in the first folder (I am typing as it is happening) and then it found remnants in the Programs folder (I don't know how, I didn't see them before) and I deleted the remnants. I'm going after jre7 now. I'll post this for now and see if THIS machine has been thoroughly cleaned of Java...
THANK YOU,
Joanne

#13 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Ok let me know. :thumbup2:

#14 JoanneMT

JoanneMT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Question on REVO UNINSTALLER? At what point does this registry key start? Revo is giving me the option to "Select all"; but I do not know where the key starts? I've looked at my Registry before, and think I can recognize in context where another key starts, but don't know in this situation. sorry, working on the print screen is too big... will brb.

THANK YOU

#15 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Do not use revo so I do not know.

If you still have issue then uploaD autoruns.
Also would like to see what items are listed in the msi clean up tool on your machine could you provide a screen shot please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users