Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor screen has bluish tint

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coaler

coaler

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Had the back off the hard drive yesterday to clean it. Since putting it back on my screen on the monitor has a very light bluish tint to it. Someone said my monitor is "dying". Was wondering if that was the case or I damaged something putting the wires back into the back of the computer. I have a old 2004 Dell xp home. How long is a monitor supposed to last in general? Appreciate your input. Thanks/coaler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Had the back off the hard drive yesterday to clean it.

Hello -
First, I hope it was not the Hard Drive, but just the Computer Case (box) that you mean !!
A monitor will last quite a long time, this has done 2 XP setups so far, but at some times they do fail.

The easy check is to borrow another one, and run your computer off that to see the result - You will (should) not harm the other one -
First open Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager, and see if there are any Red or Yellow ( ! or ? ) marks beside any items.

If there is, plese post back with any and all details -

Thank You -

#3 coaler

coaler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

First, thanks for the reply.
It was the case for the hard drive I opened and cleaned. We have a cat and her fluff was in there. LOL
I went to control, systems etc like you suggested.No red or yellow marks. All pluses in front of the item.
We had problems getting the large plug put back in the back of the hard drive. You know the lg blue one with the two screws. Could we of bent one of those little tines or something? Being I am old and have stiff hands I finally had a neighbor come over and do it for me. All the colors are off. I already checked the stuff in display. Seems ok there. (the computer "gremlins" will get me yet)....thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users