Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor won't stay on longer than 5 seconds

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MondiBlue

MondiBlue

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

The monitor is a Gateway FHX2300 monitor. It won't stay on for longer than 5 seconds. I've hooked it up to multiple computers and a laptop. I've tried connecting it with VGA and HDMI cables. I've turned it on when it wasn't connected to a computer and the no signal screen only stays on for about 5 seconds. The normally blue light on the monitor turns orange as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Try disconnecting the data cable from the monitor entirely. If you get the message that there is no signal then the problem is with the cable.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MondiBlue

MondiBlue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I disconnected the data cable & it still turned off after about 5 seconds. I then connected it with a power cord from another monitor & it still turned off after about 5 seconds.

#4 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Given that you have tried multiple computers and inputs, it seems most likely the monitor is broken. All the normal issues are excluded by your checks. Does the menu screen work OK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users