Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound often doesn't until I refresh page a few times

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phoenixx1218

phoenixx1218

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

For a few months now when I go to watch a video on youtube or open something in vlc it will play as normal showing volume is up but i won't get any sound for ~30 seconds then it will play. For sound in vlc it only won't play if its the first sound i wan't to play after booting, however for sound in chrome it happens even after i've played something with no sound for that 30 seconds. i notice it more frequently in embeded videos but it happens for anything. refreshing usually works but sometimes i have to refresh 3-5 times before it works again. i've double checked my sound device options and they're correct(since it still plays normal sometimes) and updated my drivers. I've also run scans for malware as well as ccleaner and like. i updated chrome java, and installed flash player interdependently. i know it seems like a small issue but it's driving me crazy and i cant figure out the cause of it. i can post specs and such but i think its software related so ill hold off on that for now. any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mbcx2

mbcx2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:26 AM

I have the same problem too, I updated everything I also use malwarebytes and ccleaner and some other simple disk cleaners (eg. Glary Utilities)

Edit: this works sometimes example the link of this video is https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=KUhsjT1lvA8 change it to https://www.youtube.com/v/KUhsjT1lvA8 works for me most of the times.

Edited by mbcx2, 24 August 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#3 mbcx2

mbcx2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I know a permanent fix after like half a month from my last post, I came back to help your problem that I also had:

To fix: Update Sound drivers :trumpet: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users