Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 wont update past KB2724197

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Base12

Base12

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1

Windows update wont get past KB2724197, it says it installs successfully, reboots and then says it has one more update to do, and its the same KB patch. I have tried the windows component fix it, as well as run a couple root kits, nothing found. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

For Windows7 SP1 32bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=593a29c3-c459-4a39-9f25-016a5268fc7d
For Windows7 SP1 64bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2d273f99-3460-4e84-9f2d-2a349bfc7ce6

Instructions
1.To start the download, click the Download button and then do one of the following, or select another language from Change Language and then click Change.
•Click Run to start the installation immediately.
•Click Save to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.
Also from M/soft Windows7 forum > >

Are you receiving any specific error messages?

In some other threads regarding issues with this particular update, the problem was fixed with one of two things.

First, I would suggest resetting your Windows Update Components. Please take a look at the article below with the Fixit to do this for you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

If that doesn't help, the issue could also be caused by a rootkit on your system.

#3 Base12

Base12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

noknojon,
Thanks for the reply. I didnt think to try to grab that file and manually install it. At the same time I was looking in the event log for some error codes (at one time I had it written down). I saw a ton of bad sector errors for the primary system hard drive. I ran chkdsk with bad sector check. After reboot chkdsk had fixed a bunch of errors on the drive. When I went back into windows update it still showed the same KB patch, but when I hit check for updates it populated with all the latest ones. So not sure which one was the final fix, but now it works. Thanks for your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users