Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Analog Audio Drivers ASUSP875-M

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Daldude

Daldude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I have a ASUS P8B75-M Motherboard and can not get the audio to play through the audio out jack on the back of the motherboard. It shows that audio is supposed to be playing but I hear Nothing. In Control Panel is shows HD Digital Audio for the Audio Hardware but I don't have digital speakers or a Digital Receiver because like most people I have my PC hooked to Analog Desktop Speakers I don't use my PC to watch Movies or play games. I tried reinstalling the Audio Drivers from the support CD and form the Asus support page and all I found were supposedly Digital Audio Drivers. In Control Panel under Sound for playback it says Digital Audio (HDMI) so I assume it is sending the audio to the HDMI Port and not the Green Analog Out jack. I Don't have or plan to get a HDMI Monitor I want to use the Analog Out Jack. Asus support is horrible and totally useless I can't even log onto my account on the forums because the forgot password thing does not work and I forgot my password.
I have Show Disabled and Show Disconnected devices checked marked and can still only see the Digital Audio device.
The Analog Audio works fine in Ubuntu Linux and it shows an Analog Output device in system settings.
I'm about to take this piece of crap Motherboard back and get a MSI but it's a pain removing the CPU and Motherboard and then having to get more thermal compound when I reinstall the CPU into the MSI Motherboard and what if MSI has the same lack of support for Analog Audio?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

In Control Panel under Sound for playback it says Digital Audio (HDMI) so I assume it is sending the audio to the HDMI Port and not the Green Analog Out jack]

mine shows the 2 like yours ,but i have choice of what one to select .can you click on the green analog output one to select it

Edited by caperjac, 23 January 2013 - 08:13 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users