Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VLC Player alternatives?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 norwood781

norwood781

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I use VLC player because, well, I just always have. It does a things I need like recording what's playing so that I can make smaller video clips.

The only problem with the functionality of that feature in VLC is that it doesn't start and stop exactly when you press the button.

Does anyone know an alternative that will provide the mentioned functionality, but do it slightly better?

Googling brought me to try mediaplayer HC, MPlayer and MPUI, Media Player Classic and some others, but they start going downhill after that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SoftMaster

SoftMaster

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

KMPlayer is a good one, you can give it a try: KMPayer

This is a how to capture video: http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7624

#3 Guest_G4JC_*

Guest_G4JC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

I personally use Media Player Classic (Linux MPlayer), it's much more accurate at stopping than VLC. Keep in mind however that pretty much every player will revolve around the same codecs and depend ultimately on the HQ of the video and your computer hardware. I know others who use BS.Player for media as it is heavily configurable, but it is not open-source. Try looking over wikipedias comparison to get a feel for what's out there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_player_software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users