Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Resolution for Google Redirect virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 kazlady

kazlady

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

So I'm new to the forums, but I have been having problems resolving my redirect virus issue. It's been around for about a week and a half and got so bad I couldn't even use Google to figure out how to fix it. I use Windows 7 64 bit with Internet Explorer 9. Tried Chrome, didn't like it, uninstalled it and shortly after that had problems. I tried EVERY malware removal program and rootkit killer out there and none worked. I knew that the files were in my user folders but couldn't find them to get rid of them, even by showing my hidden and system folders. The solution ended up pretty easy. I created a new User account, reused the folders that actually contained documents, and deleted the old user files. Result? Happy surfing. As of yet I' have no more issues. Just wanted you to know another way if you're almost out of hair to pull out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hello kazlady,

I'm glad that you managed to resolve your computer issues. While this has worked for you, please be aware that it may be a solution unique to your system. The causes of redirections vary as do the solutions. This is why we have a specialized forum for malware removal so that individualized instructions may be provided for the users. This is also why readers should not follow the malware removal instructions provided for another as doing so may hose their system. I have seen it happen.