Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Space and Drives missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sheheryar Noor

Sheheryar Noor

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

i was installing " Novicorp WinToFlash 0.7.0054 beta" to make a bootable device, it asked me for source and destination. I chose G(where the xp backup was) and then FlashDrive to copy the xp backup there and make it bootable and suddenly my pc got restarted during installation. Before messing up everything i had these drives

C: 7.98 Gb

D: 15 Gb

E: 76 gb

F: 150Gb

G: 250gb

After restarting i wasn't able to start my winxp error was something like that" ntrdls is missing" or whatever it was i dont remember exactly, but when i was installing winxp there was just C drive having 498gb and 2 gb free, rest of the drives weren't showing. I installed xp with no formatting and partition. Installed it with previous settings, but it said there is already another window in C would u like to install it in another folder and i installed it in another folder after installing it i had 2 xp windows one was new and other was old coz it had all the installed softwares i had. But the problem is that i cannot see other drives and C is 7.98 gb still which means other drives have occupy space but not showing, i tried to use Norton Ghost which i had installed in F but when i click on it from tray it says cannot specify location or something like that.

I even tried from disk management it doesn't even show there

Can this problem be solved by formatting C?
Attached File  2s.PNG   81.92KB   4 downloads
Help Please i have important data there

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Nope, don't format - it'll delete all your files. For now, download and install Easeus Partition Recovery and try recovering your partitions using it(here's how to use it).

Otherwise, try downloading Ubuntu, burning it onto a DVD and then booting from it and see if you can see the files using Ubuntu's file manager - Nautilius.

Don't do anything stupid, I'll get back you on this in a while. :wink:

Edited by Alvas Rawuther, 24 January 2013 - 11:26 AM.

SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#3 Sheheryar Noor

Sheheryar Noor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Oh sorry i am late i formated and i lost all my data but then i found easeus and minitool power data recovery and i recovered all my data thanks for helping:)

#4 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

:tophat:

SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users