Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is anyone using excede by viasat ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

My datacard died last month And I'm having an issue finding another so I thought to check on other more reliable forms of internet connections. B2x our local wisp is not available at my home nor is dsl or cable. Cell signal is spotty so I thought to try exceed (formerly wyldblue) um not a fan of the data caps but compared to my current options I may not be so lucky as to be picky.

Does anyone have service through this company if so how is the connection and the customer service

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flipsadler

flipsadler

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

right now Exede is the best available, and they have a good service!

#3 WannaBeGeekSquad

WannaBeGeekSquad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

My datacard died last month And I'm having an issue finding another so I thought to check on other more reliable forms of internet connections. B2x our local wisp is not available at my home nor is dsl or cable. Cell signal is spotty so I thought to try exceed (formerly wyldblue) um not a fan of the data caps but compared to my current options I may not be so lucky as to be picky.

Does anyone have service through this company if so how is the connection and the customer service

I just got Excede through my electrical company coop... No complaints as of yer

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Amazing service. I have it and love it. Apart from the horrid ping problems that satellite in general has it's pretty solid.

The list max download is 12mbps, but
it just has that big download speed for overhead to compensate inference. Your actual more any day download speed is 5mbps.

In really heavy storms and lighting that would normally kill other satalite service instantly, theirs seems to remain pretty strong. Over the last 6 months of having it (living in ohio country side with really heavy random weather- more recently huge snow storms) I only lost service 1 time for about an hour during a storm the lasted all night long. When I was connected during the storm my speed didn't fall below that 5mbps I listed either.

However when I say 5mbps keep in mind that a download sleep chart is all over the place between 1 and 8 mbps. It just averages out to 5 in test results. So not good if your thinking you want host a server for some reason or play multiplayer games, but it's REALLY good for everything else.

YouTube videos seem to wana play at 480p or 720p most of the time and websites load pretty instantaneously minus the ping lag. Video chat is also pretty good if you can ignore the ping lag. Just make sure to set the playback quality on streaming things to manual or else they're gona jump all over the place because of the 1 to 8 randomness.

The main selling point however is no internet cap between 12 and 5 at night. Even if you go over your limit for the month you'll be uncapped during that time. There is a package option to have the time be between 3 and 8 in the morning if you prefer that instead.

The customer service is that overly helpful overly advance thing to where it starts to be counterproductive how "advanced" it is unless your use to it. So be prepared for that.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users