Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Load Windows

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yuchau10

yuchau10

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:54 AM

I'm using windows xp home edition and i can't log on to windows. When i turn on computer I see the the windows logo loading and it doesn't load to the next screen. When it does i see a black screen or a blue screen saying windows must restart. I can't go to safe mode. I tried system restore and i tried reformating windows but the same error still exist. Please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:24 AM

How did you get to system restore?

What brand and model of computer do you have and do you have either a Windows XP full installation disk or a restore disk from the manufacturer of your computer?

#3 yuchau10

yuchau10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:59 AM

I only got a restore disk. In the beginning I could still load windows so i did system restore but now i can't.

The brand is emachines and the model is T2485

#4 NEsince92

NEsince92

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:17 AM

try utilizing the 'fixboot' command using the recovery console.

#5 yuchau10

yuchau10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:23 AM

To tell you the truth. I'm an idiot at computers so i have no idea what you mean by fixboot command from the recovery console

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:34 AM

Do you have your data backed up?

If you do, the easiest fix may be to use the Restore disk you have.

If you decide to use it, disconnect everything you have connected to the computer except the mouse, keyboard and monitor. (disconnect the printer, speakers, scanner, etc)

Then boot with the Restore CD in the CD Drive.

Follow on screen instructions.

That should restore your computer to the same software state that it came in when new.

You will have to reinstall any additional programs you added, any additional peripherals, redo all Windows and program updates, etc,

If your computer did not come with SP2 when new make sure your firewall is on before connecting to the internet.

Reinstall your anti-virus ap and update it - then replace the XP firewall with one that gives both incoming and outgoing protection like Zonealarm or Sygate, install your anti-malware aps, and then restore your data from wherever you backed it up to.

#7 yuchau10

yuchau10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

for some reason now my monitor doesn't even work now. When i turn on my computer it says : Please check your PC...Im guessing my only solution is to buy a new computer...

Anyway thanks everyone for trying to help me....much appreciated

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

How old is this computer, what are its specs?

It may be something as simple as a power supply or hard drive.

#9 Marigold

Marigold

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

I had the same problem and it was the Motherboard. I had a new one installed and problem solved. Works perfectly now. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users