Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP multi touch pad locks me in Control keyboard mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DonJuane

DonJuane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

I just bought a HP ProBook 4530 with Windows 7 and am trying to get used to the multi touch pad. I seem to accidentally do something every few hours that locks my keyboard in what looks like "CTL-lock" mode. I have no idea what this is but something I manage to do by resting some finger on the pad and the wrong time makes every key I press after this do some unknown action, act like the control key is being held down all the time. It is either the CTL or the ALT function seems locked. For exammple if I start to type an F in the text box of outlook, the FIND function pops up. If I try to type a P on a blog input area, the print screen dialog pops up. The only way to get out of it is reboot and this is getting old.

Is there anyway to reset the keyboard back to normal when I accidentally do whatever it is I am doing?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Same issue here with a couple of ideas but no real resolution .. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/HP-Probook-4530-locking-either-ctrl-or-fn-key/td-p/1431339

Wondering if you go to control panel --> Synaptics Touchpad is there a way to disable the CTL Lock feature.

And of course you could take it back, it is brand new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users