Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Images and videos won't load in any browser

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CainyG

CainyG

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Doing research online I think this is a Registry Corruption problem, possibly with MIME. The help file with MS MSDN is very complicated and I am afraid I will just have to another F&R. Which seems like all I do with this pc. I think it is time for a new pc-and a different brand.

After even more research it would appear that my javascript in the registry may be corrupted as well. Although my pc states it is active, and I have enabled it in Internet Options, every website I go to to check whether I have it comes back negative. Hulu will not function stating my javascript is being blocked but I can't find any program that is blocking it. I checked it out in my Registry and it is there but I can't tell if it is written correctly as I have no examples to go by.

I have a Dell Studio Desktop 540 pc with Windows 7 (upgrade from Vista). I had partitioned a section of my HDD and put Linux Mint 13 on there. Last Thursday I booted in to Linux and did an update on it. Afterwords I could not get back in to Windows OS on drive C. I ended up running a recovery disk that gave me the options to repair, recover, etc. I ran system tests which kept looping and I couldn't get in to either Windows or Linux. I put the Windows 7 Upgrade disk in and did an install where it kept my files in a Windows.old folder. However, this install is corrupt and I am having problems. My most pressing issue right now is that I am unable to fix the problem in where my browsers will not show images or play videos. Nor am I able to click on links and have the browsers go to the site. None of my browsers (IE9, FF18, Chrome 25 and Safari 5) are working correctly and I have run out of ideas as to how to repair the problem. They seem to have Flash, JavaScript and even Java enabled. Any ideas as to what may be keeping my browsers from working?

Edited by CainyG, 22 January 2013 - 04:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users