Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files in USB drive were gone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yoongsoofany

yoongsoofany

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hi. I have this huge problem regarding my laptop/usb drive. I plugged in my USB flash disk in my laptop and what i saw when i opened it is only a shorcut of the drive it self. Let's say, the usb drive's name is "Removable Disk (E:)", a shorcut of that drive is the only thing i see in my flash drive. when i tried to click it, i was directed to the files inside my usb drive. So in order to fix this, i copy the whole files and paste it back to the root folder, then delete the shorcut. However, if i unplugged it and then plug it again, the same problem occurs.

I have this software, USB Disk security, so whenever i plug in my usb drive, it detects AUTORUN.INF.. It can be deleted, however, if i plugged my usb drive, the detection keeps recurring, and the same problem occurs again.

I'm not sure if my usb drive has a problem or is it my laptop? Because if i tried to insert it to other desktops, there is no such problem that occurs.

I hovered my mouse in the "shorcut" I'm seeing in my usb drive and it says "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32...

Please help me with this...my other flash drive and hard drive are also affected whenever i insert them in my laptop.

THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hello, please repost this info with a DDS log from the guide below. We need a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users