Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Handling pix on XP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tilly

Tilly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hi, Im new to the blinking computer, having found it this morning. I have a new computer and Im really suffering trying to get used to the new system XP .. after learning computers on windows 98.

I'm have put my pix on Jasc,(which turned up when I loaded some pix into the cpu) I also have Yahoo, but have not tried to use it.

The problem comes when I try to upload the pictures to eBay. (which also has a new system, Picture Manager) which I havent used before either.

I can get the picture I want on the listing, but it wont stay and show in the final listing. The message I get is that it is not a valid file. :thumbsup:

I think it might be easier if I just get rid of Jasc and Yahoo and put my pix in files, but Im not sure that it would be ok to delete them.

Is there any help for me out there? It certainly would be appreciated.

Tilly (the newbee to XP )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DrJT

DrJT

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:27 AM

Can you tell me what format the pix are in? Like do they say (ie: pic01.jpg or pic01.psp)?

DrJT

#3 Tilly

Tilly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:18 PM

Yes Dr.. they are all in Jpeg . Tilly

#4 DrJT

DrJT

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:15 PM

Yes Dr.. they are all in Jpeg . Tilly

Tilly,
Ok now that we know they are in JPG format.

Now where are the files at (ie: My Documents/My Pictures) and if you go to My COmputer and right mouse button click n the pix file you were trying to upload, and then click properties, see what it says : Like this-----

mypic.jpg
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures
Size: 57.9 KB (59,351 bytes)

This is the problem a friend was having with her pics when uploading to E-bay, they were way too big and also she found they were not where she was uploading from, but she was actually trying to upload a shortcut to the actual files.

Let me know what you find.

DrJT

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:41 PM

I see on ebay. It is best for them to be jpg or gif type. You can store them best in my pictures. Ill be here to help too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users