Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop sudden freeze with strange scratchy noise conflicting with speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Synticity

Synticity

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hi my name is Synticity,

And I newly registered to this site, because I'm desperate.
Normally I would troubleshoot this, and would look around
to find other alternatives. But this is my last resort.
I've litterly tried everything to restore, my laptop's performance.

Anyway here is some information about my system:
Fabricant:Acer
Model: Aspire Notebook: 5538G
Classification: 3,6 (I'm disappointed myself :o )
Processor: AMD Athlon™ x2 Dual processor L310 1.20 GhZ
Installed Memory: 4 GB RaM
System type: 64 - bits

Windows 7: Home premium

Network provider: Telfort - KPN

Some additional information:
It's a fact that my laptop have had some overheating issues in the past,
but now im regulating it the recommended way. By free - ing some space on
the bottom, so the fans can cool it up. Also when I used the tool ''Speedfan''
(this helps regulate the fan speed), the overheating - shutdown errors decreased.
Yes I've been experiencing those aswell, now I don't but this new issue. It happens when
I'm playing video games: Such as League of Legends, World of Warcraft and even Darksiders.

But also when I'm just watching a stream on own3d.tv or youtube.com, this all is quite frustrating.
Today was the day I decided to request help from experts, after my system had failed me twice in a row
while playing League of Legends (Strangely enough my FPS in the game it happened was flactuating around the 40 ~ 100+).
This is quite abnormal, as I normally play around 30 - 50 FPS, but the thing is I'm quite sure it may be something with
a Mallware or Virus, yet not found by my virus scanner Microsoft Security Essentials nor, my mallware scanner Super-antispyware
and even not by my tool ''Advanced System Care'' from IoBit.

Yeah I know it might be some CPU, motherboard or other overheating issues. But straight to the point, if that would be the case
I'd clearly would get a warning or error message. Anyway I started to fix the issue on my own, did some google search: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/my-laptop-freezes-and-a-weird-noise-comes-from-the/22c9f87a-7377-4658-ba36-7da72c797751?msgId=d6124bd1-2afb-43da-919a-8b6b2b0bd741 . First I explain my choice; I chose to skip to the ''SFC Scan'' so it would find me errors or corrupted system files, I didn't choose the other options as I already ran a full system scan and restoring to
an earling system point wouldn't fix it, because it could be an internal problem and it's bothering me for almost half a year.

Now after I had ran the SFC Scan: CMD stated ''100% done validating disk scan'' something like that, so I though OK, it didn't find anything. Now strange activities started to occur, some programs stopped responding I set all my scanners to scan the system because I was scared I was infected, or maybe hacked!? Anyway that led into no-good, all programs such as CC - Cleaner started to run extremely slowly showing up in the screen in fragments, and it would ask me to ''kill a process'' when it didn't respond. At one point I just clicked ''Yes'', to kill the explorer.exe process since it wouldn't respond either. With that I pressed Alt + CTRL + DEL I tried opening Task - Manager, and it just wouldn't open up. Now with that I ended up doing a force shutdown, with alot of delay it finally shut down.

I booted my laptop, found myself in an extremly uncomfortable position, my laptop wouldn't boot the first time. All I saw was a black screen with a white cursor, desperately I started tapping buttons ''No succes''. I held the button to shutdown the laptop, waited 30 seconds and re-booted, this time I chose to boot in safe mode with network possibilities. Yep, it started to load the services but at one point it wouldn't load anymore services, and I heard this strange noise from the mid of my laptop, again I started tapping some buttons like ESC and Enter. Suddenly my laptop rebooted, this time I couldn't choose to boot in Safe Mode, and here I am hoping for request before it's to late. I now am scared that if I shutdown this PC, I won't be able to boot it up again, as my last resort I'd think of running ComboFix. But this issue is so concerning for the ''health'' of my laptop that I'd like to have some SuperVision, which is also highly recommended.

Thanks for you time,

Synticity;

Some strange things I also noticed: Automaticly updating: OFF, my system was not Up 2 DATE!, Microsoft Security Essentials has never found a Virus so far, and can't be updated at the same time with Windows Update. Maybe because they conflict with each other I don't know, lately also my network has alot more ping and latency than usual, although the analysis I ran says there is one little minor abberation in my DNS settings, I guess this is not so important.

And something external on my laptop's visual now, left from the touchpad a brown - area which is clearly overheat from 1 year ago, when I used to have my laptop on my bed which caused this...

My personal thought:

System: Genetic virus/mallware on my laptop, prevending updates and slowing down windows services
CPU: Meltdown, when playing High Quality Video's & Sound, or High - FPS games

I ran disk doctor, no problems found. I ran Win fix, no problems either. Looks like motherboard, mallware or CPU issue.

Edited by Synticity, 21 January 2013 - 07:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Synticity

Synticity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Could someone please help me, and sorry for bumping this up but I have new information. The virus / mallware is prevending me from installing important updates!

#3 Synticity

Synticity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Is no one even able to give the slightest form of feedback, for this matter. It would be much appreciated... And to the ones who did read the issue, thanks for your time I know, the information provided may need different experts. But let's highlight the most important issue and that is the computer freezing with the scratching noise, what steps should I take? Is Combofix a solution?

Thanks again, for reviewing my thread and I hope we all can make something out of this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users