Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Bsod help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cwperry

cwperry

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hello and thank you in advance,

System specs-
OS- Win 7 x64 Home premium
Memory- PNY Optima 4GB ram Attempting 8gb
HDD- Seagate 1tb hdd
Motherboard- intel p55 pch
Processor- I5 cpu 750 2.67ghz
Video- amd radeon hd 6750

Last week i started to recive many random bsod, I clean installed windows multiple times and kept getting the same problem. Found out the problem only occurs with both my 4gb ram chips installed (both chips are working as i have tested them in memtest and in the system 1 at a time)
After having a stable system for a couple days I decided to try to install both again worked perfect for about 3 hours then recieved memory management bsod. any help to pinpoint what is causing this would be awesome.

here is the dmp file for first crash on clean install. Attached File  dmp.txt   4.7KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like either the ram slot in the motherboard is bad, the ram is mismatched (did you purchase the ram separately?) or one of the sticks of ram is bad.

#3 cwperry

cwperry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

The ram is the same bought them together. both sticks work by themselves only get problems when both are installed together. So I'm probably looking at a motherboard issue?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,572 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I read what you said about them both passing the test, but depending on how you tested them one stick may still be bad. You may not have run memtest long enough (several hours to overnight is generally a comprehensive test). Also, no one diagnostic tool is infallible. You can also try the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer

#5 cwperry

cwperry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I will run that test and then memtest again overnight and see what happens.

#6 cwperry

cwperry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

i ran mem diag, and memtest for about 10 hours with no errors.

I read in the dmp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: MOM.exe

is that what is causing it?

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,572 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I don't know. You can uninstall your ATI driver and download and install the latest driver and see what happens.

Did you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users