Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about cheap android phones

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BaddJone

BaddJone

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Now that we are getting more and more aware of the risks that mobile phones and radiations cause. I want to know if the Chinese phones come with a compromise in safety?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

As long as they carry one or more of the national and international certification labels they should meet the minimum federal safety standards. Assuming you are referring to the US market.

I can't find the link I saw last year that showed what each certification label represented. If I recall there are 4 or 5 that apply world wide. Depending on where the device will be used they carry one or more certification labels. I find it unlikely that a retailer would sell a phone that does not carry a certification label.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 BaddJone

BaddJone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Certification labels are printed on the user manuals with font of size 8.

Edited by BaddJone, 22 January 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#4 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

You're better off searching the internet for this kind of question. Pick a phone you're interested in and then do a search on it's certifications and reviews.

#5 pritesh1234

pritesh1234

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

I am not that tech savvy, but I guess you should look at the SAR value of the device. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_absorption_rate

I still do not prefer cheap chinese phone. I often find issues with phone overheating, battery exploision etc.

#6 iDroid

iDroid

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

You might do better to buy a second hand main brand phone if price is the issue. If you have any doubts about a phone, it's not worth the risk. Happy phoning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users