Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Twitter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

My email inbox gets, from time to time, an invitation to subscribe to twitter. Being a bit curious I opened the page and read some of the "twitters" All of them, without exception are unutterably boring. I cannot understand what people see in it.
I wonder if it is me that is the problem.

*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Speak Easy to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Let me twitter that for you and find out

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

With twitter you curate your own content. You can make it as interesting or as boring as you desire. They key here is make it your own. But to do that you have to invest the time to look for what you want your twitter feed to be filled with. Reading just a few tweets is not even scratching the surface of what is available content wise. That will almost result in a boring review every time.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 georgehenry

georgehenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I am sure that Animal is right. I am convinced that anything I have to say would be boring. That is why I have no interest in twittering.

#5 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I used to like twitter but I don't really like it much anymore ...

#6 CP80

CP80

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

It depends on who you follow and who you interact with. It is what you make it. I was on for a year before I really got into it, now I've made lots of friends on there. Don't just follow the usual celebs, find the people who aren't famous but who are funny and unique, then get involved in conversations.

#7 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

It depends on who you follow and who you interact with. It is what you make it. I was on for a year before I really got into it, now I've made lots of friends on there. Don't just follow the usual celebs, find the people who aren't famous but who are funny and unique, then get involved in conversations.

what they don't really reply to me
yeah i used to find it funny reading their stuff but now it's like mehh...lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users