Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Media Player deleted all music folders!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonball

Dragonball

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

PLEASE HELP!! I was managing my music in windows media player and I accidentally clicked delete. Not only did it delete music in the library, but it also deleted ALL MY MUSIC ON MY COMPUTER!! How do I get it back? I have checked the recycle bin and it is not in there at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dragonball

Dragonball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Nevermind, I finally found where the music was deleted to. Please delete topic.

#3 BlueSapphire

BlueSapphire

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

I had the same problem. The answer for me was to re-add My Music to the Music library. It was all there.

Edited by BlueSapphire, 03 June 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

FWIW:  AFAIK...there is no player that can actually delete files.  The players merely are proxy/dummy accounts that allow users to see video/music files which have been "imported" into the player.  The files themselves remain in the original locations where the user has placed them, be it My Music or any other folder on any partition.

In any case, glad that you each resolved your individual situations.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 June 2015 - 07:26 AM.

#5 Agarest

Agarest

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

In some cases you can also restore files that were deleted if their sectors weren't overwritten using a program like Recuva. I've recovered mp3s and small text documents before. Just to throw that out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users