Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Abnormal Laptop Display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kondo

Kondo

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Last night, I was reviewing for my exams today. At some time, my laptop display malfunctions. The display doesn't look normal. It looks like pixelated, like this (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/juice1000/photo.jpg) After having that, I immediately turn off the computer by pressing and holding the power button. Afterwards, I turned it on and it gets back to normal for about 4hrs. I was using my laptop from, lets say, 12AM - 7PM, then it malfunctions, then back to normal from that time to 11PM. That happened only once last night.

A while ago, I encountered again this problem. I opened my laptop from 4:45AM - 5:45AM then it malfunctions. I did the same thing, turn off the computer by pressing and holding the power button. Unfortunately, as I reboot again the computer, the display remains the same. With the case of overheating (even if after so many times of leaving my computer turned on for long hours, it only happened now) in my mind, I left my computer and leave the house.

Now that I got home, I opened my laptop again. After about 5 minutes, the display become abnormal again. I've tried plugging an external monitor to the VGA port. The display is still not normal. Without the external monitor, my laptop LCD doesn't display anything. Also, it only reaches the log-in screen if I start Windows normally, unless I start it under safe mode (Although its blurry, I've seen it in the external monitor only).

I don't know what went wrong but that was the first time it happens to me. I have been using this laptop for almost 3 years. I also disassembled my laptop before because of certain problems with it which was fixed 3 days ago.

My laptop is Acer Aspire 4745G. I've bought it last June 1, 2010.

Edited by Kondo, 21 January 2013 - 01:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if there are any errors (red or yellow)?

There is a safer way to shut down your computer when this happens, doing a hard shutdown can damage files which are running at the time it's shutdown.
Press the Windows Key (WinKey), then press the Right Arrow key, the press Enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users