Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes During Video Playback!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mindovermatter

mindovermatter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

So my computer started freezing randomly during video playback and just gets stuck with the sound also looping at a millisecond interval... Anyway I can repeat this error if I play any video full screen for a long enough time period. I did some research on this problem and found that it could be the RAM OR PSU... I used memTEST see if it could possibly be my RAM, But unfortunately do not know how to interpret the errors it gives out correctly, the results are attached. Someone please tell me what I should do if my results read as errors or not. All feedback is greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you.

SPECS:

Windows 7 - 64 bit
Intel core i7-2600k CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16Gb RAM
1000 WATT PSU
2 DUAL Nvidea Geforce GTX 560's

Attached Files

Edited by mindovermatter, 20 January 2013 - 08:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Any errors...during the running of Memtest...is not a good thing.

Whether one or 500, it indicates a problem with the RAM functionality...there is nothing to interpret beyond that.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

How to test memory using Memtest86, PC Help Forum - http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/how-to-test-memory-using-memtest86.113776/

Louis

#3 mindovermatter

mindovermatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Thank you for finding this article for me, I'm now going to test each RAM stick individually... But why do i get errors and how could they be damaged??!? is it because of my PSU??!?? should i change it???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users