Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 upsilon

upsilon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, so you can move it if it's not.

I have an Asus K53e-BBR7 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.
I've had it for 1.5 years. I didn't have trouble with the WiFi for a few months, but then it started acting up.
I of course factory reset many times, etc, and it didn't help.

There was a cycle: The built-in wasn't working so I put in the dongle. Then, after a while of using the dongle, the built-in WiFi took over/started working, and I could unplug. Anyway, this was a year ago. I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it, but it acted up again the day after I got it, and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again.

My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive, and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers, even though I've installed/uninstalled, downloaded from website and updated, etc.

Now, here's what happens: When turn on my computer for the first time, or wake it up from sleep, the WiFi (built in) doesn't work, it can't connect to any networks. I have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F2, and then click troubleshoot where it says 'no connections are available' . It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for "turn on wireless capability', I click on it and it turns on the antenna/wireless capability, and it works. This is consistent, I can always get it to work that way, though sometimes it takes more than 1 try.

Can you help me fix this? Thank you.

New: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (not the built in one, but the from CD one). On the advice of someone in another forum. It now doesn't even work when I click troubleshoot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

New: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (not the built in one, but the from CD one). On the advice of someone in another forum. It now doesn't
even work when I click troubleshoot.

Did you install the drivers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users