Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pogo Passions

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:03 AM

Since there are a few of us that play on pogo, I figured that we could have a thread to share some tips or strategies on the games.

If you have never been to pogo, it is a site that has alot of different games, ranging from pinball to various card games. Nearly every one has a chat room embedded in the game window. Almost all of them award tokens that you accumulate from game to game. Tokens can be used to 'gamble' with in some of the games, but those games also have tables that do not use up tokens. It is fun, safe, and free. They do have a paid version of it, it will open up 'premium' games, contests and weekly badges. More details can be found out at pogo

This weeks badge challenges for members for week ending Nov 17 are:

checkers King of the Board Badge:
Win 20 games this week

Perfect Pair Solitaire Love Meter Badge:
Collect 400 Hearts this week

For checkers, move a piece, and have your opponent click resign, and you will get an instant win. Repeat as necessary to complete the badge.

Sorry, no trick for Perfct Pair Solitaire, you have to play the game. Each one (depending on your skill), when net you 7-8 hearts. Using this, it looks like you will have to finish about 50-60 games to complete the badge.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:40 AM

Who is good at chess? Do we have one on BC? Im good I guess. I play on msn zone.

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:20 PM

I do not think that they have chess here at BC. Now that I think about it, I do not remember any head-to-head games here :thumbsup:

I will challenge you to a game at pogo though. My name over there is sirjay692004 if you let me know yours, I will show you how to add to your friends list there, so that you can meet up easier at a specific game.

I have not tried anything at MSN zone. Care to share the site?

#4 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:44 PM

Finally! Something I can feel free to rave, rant, hoot, and holler about! LOL
Not that anything stopped me before in any other topic but anyway... :thumbsup:
Y'all know me by now, I'm a passionate person...very, very Scorpio...

Okay, the Phlinx challenge drove me nuts. I knew how to do the cheat method but couldn't get it to work for me. I had to play it all the way through for the badge.

The card games, or most of them anyway, are trickier. But if you can just play with a human who also needs the badge for that particular game, you can just take turns winning (or whatever the case may be).

Turbo 21 is 'my game' sorta. I know a lot hate it or aren't good at it but by some miracle of fate, I do so well.

I'm not looking forward to this week's challenges. And all of the personal ones I have left to do, almost all, stink, lol. Greenback Bayou, Solitaire, Pop Fu, Dice Derby, Golf, etc... even if I like the game, it's a difficult challenge. IE, I have no intention of ever getting the Golf or the Derby badge that requires you to earn 10,000 tokens. Yikes! I'm not that motivated, lol.

Okay, enough rambling (I seem to say that a lot too, lol). Thanks for a GREAT topic, Jason. Maybe we can get a few of our pals here to join. Until then, as far as I know, it's just you, me, and Steph.

~67~

#5 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:25 PM

The Golf badge was the easiest one for me to get...just intentially get 10 strokes on each hole. By some cosmic reason, when you get over 100 total on the strokes for the game, it starts back to zero, then it goes backwards. No really, it does that. When you finish all 18 holes, you will get a spin, and the badge...or maybe it is 2 spins for it. If that is the case, just repeat!

Oh by the way, you are welcome for the thread. I am suprised that you didnt think of it before.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:35 PM

I have never played on pogo. I do like chess. Since I came to this site I have only played one chess game! I was rated class B!!!! Still am but need to practice. I try to beat the computer on a chess game called pawn. Its free just google it! Its so hard to beat it aint funny!

Do you want to play on pogo or msn?
http://www.zone.com

#7 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:44 PM

Jason, which version of GOLF does this apply to? My wife tried it (she's a Pogo subscriber) and gave up after reaching 108 strokes.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#8 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:49 PM

With another Wednesday, comes another week of badge challenges

Euchre Planet badge:

Win 5 rated games

This game is for 4 players. Since you have to play rated, you can not play the computer. For now, take turns on winning the game with other players. As a new trick develops, I will amend this message.

Too Cool for Pool badge:

Win 20 games in pool

Take turns sinking the 8 ball. The other player will get the win for the badge. To make it even easier, you can scratch, so that the player can line up the 8-ball shot easier.

The is a trick on the puzzle game. As soon as i confirm that it works, I will post back.

#9 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:28 PM

I just found out about a new game on Pogo. It is called Panda Pai Gow Poker.

It is not on the home page yet, but if you would like to try it out, you need to add it to your favorite game list.

I will post back with a strategy in the upcoming days.

#10 cyberfilly

cyberfilly

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:20 PM

Hi Jason
Thanks for pointing out this thread to me,
I am a RABID POGO PLAYER! lol I became a member shortly after Pogo started(before the "cyber" part of my NN became a swear word ) but due to a problem with my com at the time lost that member name but I'm now a "Club Member" going on 2 yrs now and have never regretted paying for the upgraded games!
right now my fav seems to be Jigsaw Detective, before that it was word whomp wackdown, but I have and will play almost any game except Squelchies Lordy I don't like that game :thumbsup:
anyway I'm cyberfilly01 look me up if ya want and we can play a few rounds of???
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:15 PM

New badges starting Nov 24:

Vaults of Atlantis Slots

Tex Carter's Treasure Badge:
Pick the top prize in the Treasure Chest Bonus Game 4 times this week!

Tumble Bees

Tumble Jumble Bumble Bee Badge:
Get 20 Jackpot Spins this week!

Turkey Day 2004 Super Badge:

Win ANY 3 Challenge Badges between November 24 and December 7!

Tex Carter's Treasure Badge-There is not really any trick to this one. It is just a matter of clicking bet max, and waiting for 3 treasures to appear. Then it is just a matter of luck if you pick the top prize. One thing I can tell you is that the stair bonus will not count.

Tumble Jumble Bumble Bee Badge-There is a 2 for 1 trick for this badge. When you are playing the Super Speed Finale, then click skill level 2, and click change level. When you start that level, quickly click skill level 1, and click change level. By doing this, you will get 2 spins for only getting to one. You MUST leave the room and go to another one, to repeat the process.

Turkey Day 2004 Super Badge-When you finish both badges above, and your personal, then you will automatically get this badge.

#12 psb

psb

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image
My family has three paid memberships to Pogo but Pogo seems to have server problems since AOL bought them
We are looking for another good site like Pogo during Pogo crashes
==================================

I realize there are voluminous web games.... that being a given
Does anyone know of a site as good as Pogo? :thumbsup:

#13 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:04 PM

Playsite is another free game site that offers a couple of extras with the paid membership. It is nothing like Pogo but it might ease Pogo withdrawals, lol.
Slingo is another one. I love Slingo (play Slingo Millennium).
But in my honest opinion, nothing compares to Pogo that I have found.

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:37 PM

Just to let you all know I now also play on pogo! And TexasAngel my firefox still works there....

Maybe we can play chess one day?!

#15 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:42 PM

Cows, you'd kill me in Chess. It's not one of my best games.
Did you enjoy the free membership trial I sent you? I know it was only good for 5 days but I thought you might like it.
What other games are you playing besides Chess?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users