Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed on a DVD-ROM issue.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shivashish

Shivashish

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hi,
There is an issue relating to my DVD-Rom that it is not detecting any inserted DVD/CD. Practically, it has become inactive. Associated it with, there is another issue that the contents of a DVD-Rom which had been inserted into the drive a long time ago is still being shown under disk drive. I believe it is due to this reason the the system is not able to recognize any inserted disk. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kevin384

Kevin384

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi,
I need to know what OS you are using to try to assist you.

#3 Shivashish

Shivashish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

I do not know if I am being humble enough but I guess I should associate people with moderator rank only??

#4 Kevin384

Kevin384

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

O.K., if you feel that you should, I suggest that you IM Grinler or one of the other moderators for assitance.
Having said that, I would like to advise you that there are many experienced I.T. persons that frequent this site that are not moderators, and they also try to lend their expertise to those who are not confident in their own abilities computer-wise. Eventually, these persons become quite expert in their own right, and also attempt to assist where they can.

I am NOT offended that you would rather have a moderator assist you, but the above is intended as a little bit of enlightenment as regards this site.

Regards, and good luck,
Kevin

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

As stated by Kevin384 there are many here who are not staff qualified to help you and there are more members than staff.

One of those members may be the one who can help you but may not reply if you only want assistance from a moderator. As moderators we each have our area of expertise. Waiting on one of us to reply increases the time you have to wait for a possible resolution.

Having said that, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drive?

To uninstall Start menu. Right click on Computer (it may say My Computer) and choose Manage.

When Computer Management opens click Device Manager in the tree on the left.

Click the arrow next to DVD/CD-ROM drives. RIGHT click on the drive and UNINSTALL.

Reboot your computer. Windows should find the device and install it. After you get the message that the device is ready to use see if it will open a dvd or cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users