Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Green Pixels on Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zexanima

Zexanima

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Toshiba Satellite C855-S5214

Posted Image

I've had this laptop no more than 5 months and have treated it very well.

My screen is displaying green pixels around the outline of things. It is a hardware issue because they even appear in the BIOS and screen capture software does not pick them up. If hit certain keys (no I'm not smashing them like a wild man) to hard or I adjust it on my lap it makes them fluctuate and usually they disappear for a while. It is not overheating.

I don't assume this would be an easy to fix issue but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is going on and if they heard of this being a common issue or specific to me?

Edited by Zexanima, 19 January 2013 - 08:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi, 5 months old and hardware means it is warranty time.

Go to here http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/globalEntitlement.jsp
View Warranty Coverage and Repair Options

Enter Your serial Number and Model Part Number and check for warranty options.
If under warranty You should have the option of sending it in, They'll send a prepaid return box or you can find a local Toshiba ASP and check with them if they can do warranty on your model. They are not allowed to do all models, Unfortunately.

If you have to send it in, be sure to backup any important data as they may wipe and reload the hard drive.

Since this is happening in the BIOS this is hardware. The fact that it changes when you move it could indicate a bad or loose cable to the screen, or a bad screen. Or a bad motherboard that makes the connection when the Motherboard flexes. This is why I suggest warranty service for the laptop.

If you had brought it in to me for warranty work, I'd have started by checking the LCD cable for looseness and to see if it was going bad. Then used a test screen, and if still no luck, I'd have changed the motherboard.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Zexanima

Zexanima
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Thanks Roger, I'll look into that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic