Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange mouse/trackpad input problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rarecandee

rarecandee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I have an Acer laptop running Windows 7, and the trackpad and mouse have been acting strangely lately. I'll just bullet all the symptoms of the problem.

-I'm often not able to click inside any windows until I open the task manager first, or select it if I already have it open.

-I'm unable to click within some windows at all, no matter what I do. Normally this is with small games, such as the Minecraft Technic pack launcher and some (but not all) flash games. On the other hand, big games like Tf2 and Civilization work perfectly.

-When using Firefox, I am unable to maximize, minimize, or move windows at all.

-When using Chrome, clicking "back" opens the window I was trying to access in a new tab, and clicking any tab closes it.

-Both my trackpad and any mouse I connect have the same problem.

I contacted Acer support, and they told me that it was an "operating system crash" and that I'd have to recover the system. I was really hoping to save that for a last resort. Is it possible this could be a problem with my drivers that could be solved by reinstalling? I saw that it could be a problem between a conflicting mouse and trackpad driver, but my list of programs doesn't list a mouse driver (logitech) at all, so I'm unable to even try uninstalling it.

I've tried everything I know to do, and I'm kind of at my wit's end. Help would be really appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rarecandee

rarecandee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

SUCCESS! For anyone else having this same strange problem, go to Acer's download page for your specific model and re-download the touchpad driver, then restart your computer. It'll replace the old bugged out one automatically.

Also, don't listen to Acer support.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread if it's just taking up space!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users