Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot install Xbox 360 Accessories Software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trivial Man

Trivial Man

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I recently got a wireless Xbox 360 receiver and have been trying to install the drivers for it. I found them on Microsoft's website here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

The problem is for some reason when I try to install this it hangs at the same spot every time. The progress bar goes to the end once, and then after it starts over for a second time it moves just a bit before a message box pops up that says and unexpected error has occured. It's written out fully below. Trying to run the setup again fails and I have to uninstall what has been done from the control panel in order to try and run it again. I've also tried installing the drivers using other methods I've seen online such as downloading them and using device manager to manually search for them, but these haven't worked either. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on to cause this?

Error message:
An unexpected error has occured. Please run the Setup program again.

If problems continue, see the Microsoft Hardware Web site for software updates and additional product information to help you troubleshoot the issue.

EDIT: Terribly sorry, forgot to mention I am using 32 bit Windows 7. I have tried the setups for all the operating systems listed in the drop down box on Microsoft's site however and none of them have worked. The 64 bit ones wouldn't even start, as expected, and the others would reach the same point this one got to and then freeze just the same.

Edited by Trivial Man, 19 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users