Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Disk Failure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KarenZ

KarenZ

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I have a computer running both Vista and XP as dual boot, set to load Vista first. While it was running and no one using it, a black screen with "boot disk failure, insert system disk" came up. I inserted the Vista OS disk and did the repair option. The details section only seemed to indicate one problem:
The partition table does not have a valid system partition.
Repair action: Partition table repair
Result: completely successful. Error code = 0X0

Restarted, and again got the "boot disk failure". Tried the repair again. Still wouldn't boot.

Shut everything down and checked the cables. Restarted, got "boot disk failure". Inserted Vista OS CD, but it wouldn't load this time. There are two CD drives, but the OS CD didn't load in either drive. I just keep getting the same error message every time I click Enter.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users