Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clr cmos issues (cant disable it)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Samboy

Samboy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hello, whilst plugging in a device I accidentally pressed the clr cmos button, and for what ever reason it will not let me disable if. I have tried holding it doen for ten seconds, holding down the reset button on the mobo etc with no luck. Also tried setting to RAID mode but have had no luck booting into windows. instead i keep getting an error saying that it has failed to locate bootmgr when I try to log in. I have tried unplugging druves that dont have windows and removing cd's etc to try help with the boot mgr problem.

Thanks for all help in advance as I am totally out of ideas.

Sam.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Samboy

Samboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Bump.
Btw specs are windows 7
Asrock p67 pro 3
16gb ram
I7 2800

Cheera

#3 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

You may have a corrupted bootmanager you can try booting to the recovery console at the instructions here. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-7-recovery-environment-command-prompt/ then try the startup repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users