Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need assistance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tw93

tw93

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I need help finishing up repairs on my laptop. Here's the whole story. My laptop was acting up and had some bad sectors on the HDD. So I wiped it, re-partitioned it, re-formatted it, and installed a fresh copy of Windows. Now it's still hanging and I've had to crashes. I just finished finding all of my main drivers, but there are still some issues. I need to get it to stop hanging and crashing. When I check the HDD load, I maxed out during any task. The two crashes occurred while installing the data for that new Star Wars MMORPG. When it doesn't crash, it gets to a point and just stops installing. And finally, I'm getting notices that "Microsoft Windows has become unresponsive. End Process?" I'm attaching my DXDiag. I would attach a minidump, but any attempts to copy or upload it resulted in my PC hanging indefinitely. Please help. This is beyond me.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

You posted having problems with you hdd, I would suggest running Western Digital Data Lifeguard diagnostic tool to determine its condition.

You can download it here, there are complete instructions toward the bottom of the page.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 tw93

tw93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I downloaded and ran the diagnostics tool. About 30 minutes into the test the system crashed again. I error checked the drive last night and it repaired a bad cluster. But then crashed when inspecting other sectors.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Which test did you perform, the short or long one?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 tw93

tw93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Well my hard drive completely crashed. Fin. Its over lol. Time for a new laptop. Never again will i buy an Acer

#6 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

You may only have a bad hard drive. A new one and a fresh load may solve the problem. Also as a long shot you can contact Acer and check the warranty status of the system. If they say no dice you may check with the hard drive manufacturer to see if they will warranty the hd.

#7 tw93

tw93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I already know its not under warranty. I want a new laptop anyway so its not a huge loss. I got more time out of it than most people get from that model. Time for a new, more powerful HP! Thanks for your help.

*Mark Closed*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users