Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Carpserv

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

I have this carpserv.exe that runs on my startup and I have no idea what it is for. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

Quoted from another web site (nueber.com) found HERE.

Associated with Zoltrix modems - enables the internal modem speaker (so you can listen the dial-up sounds for example). Seems to be for laptops only.

Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection!

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 28 March 2006 - 09:56 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

thanks!

#4 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

Quoted from another web site (nueber.com) found HERE.

Associated with Zoltrix modems - enables the internal modem speaker (so you can listen the dial-up sounds for example). Seems to be for laptops only.

Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection!

Compaq Presario 4403 US

It is not just for laptops, . . .
I have a carserv problem, each and everytime I try to dial up a connection to my ISP, I get a carpserv needs to close error message. I have even installed a new Hard Drive, and loaded WXP SP1 because I believe that my SP 2 disk is corrupt.

But if anyone can advise me on this I would be greatful, since it is a persistant nuisance.

I can also tell you that, I have found out checking, "sound" ;

There are no mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel, click printers and Other Hardware, and thern click Add Hardware

I have tried, . . . there are no Hardware devices found to install.

Also;
Saturday, January 05, 2008 The application, C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/05/2008 @ 18:05:07.842 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 73F11A8B (DSOUND)

Edited by Jove, 05 January 2008 - 04:46 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

ATTN: JOVE

:thumbsup: It is bad forum educate to hijack another thread please start your own thread with your specific problem. Also since this is another posters thread you may not get the help you need.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

I assure you it was not my intention to as you say Hijack, . . . My very first statement was in responce to

Albert Frankenmakesense, although you know better than I, this will be an opportune time to do so.

I bid you my fair exit.

and

I thank you for your good advice.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

No problem, We just want to give everyone on the forums their due attention. :thumbsup:
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users