Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacement LCD screen - dirty behind screen, or dead pixels?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BFG99

BFG99

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

This one probably falls into the "it should be obvious" category. Anyway, here we go:

About a year ago my laptop's screen was replaced because two parts of it had been damaged. When I received the laptop back, the new screen also appeared to have problems - but I couldn't do anything about it as it was a nonwarranty repair.

The thing is, I'm really not sure whether I'm looking at dead pixels, or hairs/dirt/debris stuck in the panel. There are 5 or 6 spots at the right center where random squiggly lines of pixels appear not to be working, and there's also a few other spots (one in the top left, one in left center, etc.) that are the same way.

So, is it possible to have hairs or other dirt stuck behind the panel? If so, what do I do about it? How can I determine whether that's the cause, or dead pixels?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users