I previously had a bootkit i believe to be max++ or some zeroaccess variant.. TDSS Killer came up with positive results.. in the beginning and i tried running aswMBR and one of those times it closed and caused a BSOD.. i tried many methods of removing it.. but every time i tried to get rid of it .. it came right back.. the giveaway was a folder called DRM with an alternate data stream containing arabic wording..so i decided to do a low level format on the drive and then reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on January 1st 2013
Last night 1/17/2013 i decided to restore parts of my old firefox profile into my new firefox profile.. the files i restored were formhistory.sqlite and places.sqlite, and about an hour later i think it was.. firefox for no reason i can think of.. had high memory usage..at about the same time this happened.. my girlfriend who i was talking with on Skype lost her internet connection and i noticed my Skype connection was disconnecting and reconnecting as well. I then checked my Norton Internet Security History logs.. and strangely.. the history for Networks and Connections was completely empty.. all other logs were still there.. the girlfriend is still most definitely infected and will be visiting this forum soon.. but i'd like to make sure i am not infected again.. thank you
Possibly relevant.. i also restored my skype profile.. but that was on 1/1/2013
Edited by Aardopotamus, 18 January 2013 - 01:33 PM.