Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me "downgrade"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cctaylor88

cctaylor88

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Okay so I finally got windows 7 64bit up and running properly and noticed my computer was only recognizing 4gb instead of the 8gb I actually have. That is now the least of my worries. One of the first things I did was flash my motherboard to the newest version with success and ever since then Ive had nothing but problems and blue screens of death.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD/USB 3.0 http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/M4A87TDUSB3/

Current version of BIOS:) Version 2001 Date:03/08/2011 ( American Megatrends Inc.
Version I would like to downgrade to: Version 0601 (Initial Release)

I did the flash upgrade via EZ Flash 2.0 from an 8gb USB stick with the updated BIOS in .Rom format and of course trying to do the opposite of using EZ Flash to the previous version brings up the "this is an older version of BIOS" and it simply will not allow me. Trying to revert to the old BIOS version via the mobo disc simply wont allow me to "downgrade" as it says.

Chipset: AMD 870 Rev. 00
Southbridge: AMD SB850 Rev. 40
LPCIO: ITE IT8721

Other info:
GPU NVIDIA GTX 460
CPU AMD Phenom X4 955

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hello cctaylor88,

A Bios update, successfully performed, should not cause these problems. I suspect there are other reasons for the crashes.

If we could gather a little more information about the problem computer, it might prove helpful in pointing toward a solution.

1. ) Please follow this link: BSOD Posting Instructions Windows 8 - Windows 7 - Vista.
  • Follow all instructions with the exception of:
    • Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s) after step 4
  • Note: Both files of Step 1 need to be in the Documents folder.
2. ) Upload the zipped folder to a File Sharing website of your choosing because Bleeping Computer has a 512 K only upload limit and this file will be much larger.
3. ) To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)
  • Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.
4. ) Please download MiniToolBox by farbar, save it to your Desktop, then run it.
  • Check the following checkbox:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Please click Go.
    • Post the result (Result.txt).
    • A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users