Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is simply getting so slow.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mullarvey

Mullarvey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hi folks,

It's not a specific symptom to any particular program or functionality, but moreso a general issue with *everything* I try to do.

Everything's become more and more of a snail's pace problem. Just right-clicking the recycle bin in order to empty it can take 10 seconds to resolve to the popup menu.

Chrome and IE often tell me they think my internet is down, but it seems more that the computer is taking so long to get off its rear and start proceedings that the requests are timing out.

I wonder if anyone can point me to some ways to identify the problem.

BleepingComputer helped me greatly with virus troubles 10 years ago, you folks were the first option I thought of.

Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~~

Not sure what you'd like to know about my system but I tried to look a bit up :

Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1 (7601) (SP1)

Samsung Laptop, Intel Pentium P6200 2.13GHz
Installed RAM : 2.00GB
64-bit

Mouse & Keyboard in use are USB external

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 calkid

calkid

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Sounds troubling enough, 1st let's start out with did your PC come with Win7 or did you upgrade? 2nd, 2 gigs is not enough, great for XP but recommend 4 gigs of ram for Vista, 7 and 8, 64bit system, 8 gigs would rock it. 3rd, when did this start to happen? Did you install something, what virus program are you running, is Win updates turned on during a certain time while your on your PC? BleepingPC has some great programs to try to see if you have a virus and or spam, ComboFix and TDSSKiller, read on how to use before you run them. If they come back clean then we try some other options. Please give as much info as possible that might help in diagnoses your issue.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I suggest that you ignore any suggestions made re running malware tools.

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2013 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users