Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Babylon Tool Bar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 balublue

balublue

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

hello, I had the babylon toolbars.
after scanning with Malwarebytes and desinfection ... Malwarebytes Scan is clean, but my Problem I can't change my Startpage back to google ... its ever the searchpage from babylon,

has anyone some ideas who to fix it?

thank you.bye.

Edited by hamluis, 18 January 2013 - 01:07 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

AdwCleaner http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

BleepingComputer Review:

AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.

Edited by Union_Thug, 17 January 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hello -
Go - Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > If your home page is still wrong just delete what is there and reset it to your own Normal page -

Thank You -

#4 balublue

balublue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hello -
Go - Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > If your home page is still wrong just delete what is there and reset it to your own Normal page -

Thank You -

Hi thank you... my Internet Options are corret with google.com ... so well I try to use adwcleaner.

thank you.

#5 balublue

balublue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

well I used Adwcleaner with found some Keys and Folders ... but after the Reboot its even the same Problem...
any other ideas?

thanks a lot.

#6 KissChris

KissChris

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hey

try to use these steps i always recommend them and they seem to help :

Remove Toolbar

1. Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.

Search for Babylon Toolbar in the list. Select the program and click Remove/Uninstall button. If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window

2. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons:

Select Toolbars and Extensions. Disable everything related to Babylon Ltd from the list: Babylon toolbar, Babylon toolbar helper, Babylon IE plugin, babylonToolbar.com, etc. Restart Internet Explorer.

Remove Search Provider

1. Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools → Manage Add-ons:

2. Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Bing/Google search engine and make it your default search provider (set as default). Then select Search the web (Babylon) and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).

Change Homepage

1. Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools → Manage Add-ons:

2. Go to Tools → Internet Options. Select the General tab and click Use default button or type any website of your preference, e.g. google.com instead of search.babylon.com. Click OK to save the changes. Restart Internet Explorer.

Remove Search from New Tab

1. In case you open a new tab in Internet Explorer, and Babylon Search still appears, please do the following:

Open your Internet Explorer browser; click on Tools, then on Internet Options and in the section Tabs (under the General tab) click on Settings. It will open a new window, on the option "When a new tab is opened, open:" in the drop-down menu please choose "Your first homepage". Then click OK, Apply and OK. Restart Internet Explorer.

#7 balublue

balublue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

hello thank you I've made all steps... but same problem....

any ideas? hijackthis is also clean...

Edited by balublue, 24 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users