Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Display Problem!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yhantoy

yhantoy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Please someone help me...

The first problem that I had with my PC was when I received a statement when I tried to turn ON my PC "A Bootable Device has not been detected". I was able to fix the problem when I searched for some answers in Google and I came across this site. This was the Link that helped me: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic38965.html... Luckily everything went smooth for a couple of days.

After a week I tried turning ON my PC and somehow my Monitor doesn't display anything at all.
I tried Removing the CMOS batt, RAM and even my VideoCard. Cleaned them carefully with a brush to remove some dust and putting them back to their specified slots. I have 2 2GB RAMS for 2 slots so I tried switching their places. Nothing seemed to work from what I tried to do. Then I removed my VideoCard and plugged my monitor on the built in VideoCard and suddenly it worked. So I thought at first that maybe my Videocard was the one causing the problem. Somehow after I shut down my PC, when I tried turning it ON once again after a couple of hours, I encountered the same problem. I thought this moment that maybe my monitor is the defective one. Then I tried putting back my VideoCard and plugged in the Monitor with it, it started to work again. Now it seems that I'm dealing with a problem wherein I would keep on switching from my VideoCard to my built-in VideoCard every time I would turn ON my PC. Restarting the PC would not affect though. It would only happen when my PC would be TURNED OFF for a couple of hours.

I re-formatted my PC for this cause and installed the proper drivers with updates. But it seems that I still encounter the same problem with switching the Monitor Cord to each of my VideoCards. I don't know if resetting my CMOS to default could have caused this in reference to the first problem that I encountered.

Now I don't know what to do. I hope someone here could explain to me the cause of this problem and tell me what to do to resolve this issue.

SPECS of my PC:

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4CPUs),~2.4GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
NVidia Geforce 210 1024MB DDR3
RAM 4GB
1TB Hardrive

Edited by hamluis, 17 January 2013 - 10:47 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I once had a similar issue and then realized I was using the wrong power cord for my Monitor... just a thought. Make sure all your connections are snug as well...
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

#3 yhantoy

yhantoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I once had a similar issue and then realized I was using the wrong power cord for my Monitor... just a thought. Make sure all your connections are snug as well...

Well I guess that would be possible because my monitor is quiet old and I have been using this for almost 8 years now... Thanks! I hope this settles everything...

#4 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Please let me know of your findings! :)
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users