Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Hangs on specific pages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Danstang

Danstang

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hello,

Running a Win XP System - IE 8 installed and windows updated - also run win firewall and Trend Micro - recently when I try and fo to a specific page on my "my ebay account", IE freezes or hangs for some time - i have tried running a/v through trend, Malware buytes, disk cleaner, win updates, etc - nothing seems to help - I had recently installed and then uninstalled some free image watermarking software - don't know if that is the culprit - also running a wirelss home network with 2 tablets, Wii, printer, 2 phones.

When I use the same ebay "app" using Google chrome, there is no issue. - seems to be an IE issue or a possible trojan or keyboard tracking issue...???

Any help is apprciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

It might be an outdated plugin that needs to be updated or disabled. Some Toolbars populated on IE that's installed might be also causing this issue. Try running IE without add-ons first then go to your account website and check the difference. Enable a couple of Add-ons by IE Tools - Manage - Addons then close - relaunch IE browser and go to the certain website again. When your browser freezes again on the last enabled addons, that will be the culprit.

also run win firewall and Trend Micro

Do you have Trend Micro with built-in firewall?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users