Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 computer help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aking2879

aking2879

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hello, need a little help with a computer situation. I was on my computer and heard a pop, computer powered down and wouldnt power on. I bought a new power supply, put it in and the computer booted up to windows loading screen and froze.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and started it back up, now I'm getting NLTDR is missing press alt control and delete to restart. It says this every time. I have the windows 7 recovery disc from the computer manufacturer but when i start the computer up with the disc in the drive it still goes to NLTDR missing.

I also have a hard drive from a different computer that i threw in it to see if it would boot it up, It has windows xp on it. It goes to windows xp loading screen then I get the blue screen of death.

Is there anything I can do?

The computer is a Cyberpowerpc with windows 7

this is my exact computer
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229159

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Welcome to BC aking :)

You mentioned shutdown and heard something during this time. Please check the motherboard capacitors closely for any possible bulging or leaking. A number of images are shown below here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague . With regards to the onscreen message, using the Windows 7 disc , change your boot priority to the optical (CD/DVD) drive and try a startup repair. You can refer to this >link tutorial< for further instructions. Good luck!

Tekken

#3 aking2879

aking2879
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I looked on the motherboard and video card for bulging or leaks and didnt see any. I loaded up the repair disc also, I got to where you choose what drive to choose and it wont recognize my hard drive. I even tried a different smaller hard drive and it wasnt recognized either. I go into BIOS and the drive is being recognized though.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Can you confirm on your BIOS setup that the SATA drive on boot priority is listed 1st? Check your BIOS for any halt on errors is enabled and try toggling on/off any quick boot options available. Make sure to save changes. Remove any memory card readers, flash or external drives attached on USB ports. Try hitting F8 on early booting your desktop and see if you have a Start-up repair select option. If nothing changes, look on replacing the SATA cable or reseatting it properly on each ends connector.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users