Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download happening or not?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gearslammer

gearslammer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I am trying to download an emisoft Ransomware program and it appears it is downloading from the bar on the bottom of the screen but unlike usual downloads it is not giving any progress or time left indications so how can I tell if I need to try again or if its actually downloading? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hello gearslammer and Welcome -
The program may take a while to download, since there are many other people with this problem too.
Please allow a "reasonable" amount of time since Emisoft are being used a lot at the moment. Note that not all programs list a time for downloads.

If the download freezes for quite a long time, you may need to restart again - Are you in Safe mode With Networking, or using another computer ??

If you feel that the program is being blocked, or not downloading, make sure your Antivirus is turned off to allow time for this.
There is a chance that your Firewall may also be blocking the download -

Please list your current active Antivirus program and your Firewall program -

Thank You -

#3 gearslammer

gearslammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I am currently using AVG. I am not currently downloading in safe mode. There were two users on this computer and one got hit. The other user works fine and I am using this one to complete the download.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

OK -
Give it another 10 to 15 minutes, and if nothing continues, reboot to retry the download -

Are you following the removal guide from this site ?? If so, just be sure to read it fully -

Thanks -

#5 gearslammer

gearslammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yes, I have read download instructions and have done the steps correctly. I disabled AVG to see if that helps and will wait for download to finish or will reboot and try again. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users