Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues Adding Emails to may iPhone

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hey Guys

I am tying to add yahoo several times and I couldn't, I got this message

Posted Image

and I tried to add Gmail account and same thing I couldn't do that and I got message

Posted Image

I tried on different networks and the same thing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

What happens if you specify you want to connect without ssl?

#3 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

What happens if you specify you want to connect without ssl?

I hit yes then it loads and I get the same as first picture

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Trying changing your password online and then resetting up your account. You can change the password again later once its connected again.

#5 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Trying changing your password online and then resetting up your account. You can change the password again later once its connected again.

doesn't work

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

At a loss on this one unfortunately. You are definitely not the only one with this yahoo issue and the possible solutions are so wide ranging that I do not know what to recommend.

For GMail see this : http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=82196

Last, but not least, have you tried settings up your accounts on the phone while connected to a different wifi network. If it works outside of your network, then it could be a firewall issue on your local network.

#7 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

At a loss on this one unfortunately. You are definitely not the only one with this yahoo issue and the possible solutions are so wide ranging that I do not know what to recommend.

For GMail see this : http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=82196

Last, but not least, have you tried settings up your accounts on the phone while connected to a different wifi network. If it works outside of your network, then it could be a firewall issue on your local network.

I have tried on different wifi networks and the same error, the only network works in apple store and then it stopped

I checked the link and I have seen it before doesn't work, I lost my 3gs iphone this last year and I lift all my emails open it could be this reason !

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

I can only imagine how frustrating this is. As there does not seem to be any clear answer to this, my only suggestion is to download the GMail and Yahoo apps and use them instead of the built-in mail app.

#9 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I can only imagine how frustrating this is. As there does not seem to be any clear answer to this, my only suggestion is to download the GMail and Yahoo apps and use them instead of the built-in mail app.

I am using their own apps instead of the built-in mail app, but I want to fix this issue, I will try to visit the apple store or restore my iphone

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Ok if a solution is found, please let us know.

#11 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ok if a solution is found, please let us know.

sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users