Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USN journal verification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BaddJone

BaddJone

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Every time PC starts, windows starts checking my disk H for errors. After completing the 3 stages, it reads USN JOURNAL VERIFICATION and nothing happens after that. To get into my windows 7, I skip disk check after force rebooting. Drive H is accessible and works fine as usual. What's the solution?j

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Open a command prompt at elevated level ("run as administrator"). Once it's open, type the following in the command prompt window: chkdsk h: /r (then press ENTER). Note there is a space between the colon and the forward slash.

One of two things will happen. It will either tell you the drive needs to be dismounted before running checkdisk and ask you if that's okay. Say yes and exit the command prompt and the system should then begin checking and repairing the drive. Alternatively, it may tell you the drive needs to be checked on the next boot and ask if that's okay. Say yes, close the window and reboot. Let's see if that fixes the problem.

Edited by Allan, 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#3 BaddJone

BaddJone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

I have done that. Still I get a disk check on reboot.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Let me just confirm, you did exactly a I posted above and ran the exact command: chkdsk h: /r ? If so, download the diagnostic utility for your hard drive (from the manufacturer's site) and run that.

Edited by Allan, 16 January 2013 - 12:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users