Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on startup 0x0000007B

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 llucchin

llucchin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I have tried everything and I cant get my computer to work! Every time I turn it on it goes to windows recovery and the BSOD 0x0000007B(0xFFFFF880009A98E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). PLease help I need my computer and cant afford to pay a tech to fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

STOP 0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Usual causes: Hard drive, File system, Boot sequence errors, Device driver, Virus infection (in particular check the MBR)

In your case you report a Stop: 0x0000007B (, 0xC000000D, , ) error in which the value C000000D = STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
  • This is most likely the result of partition table &/or boot file corruption (based on previous experience) ... most often caused by malware.
What was happening on the system prior to this problem developing?
  • Were you aware of any possible malware infection on the system before this problem arose?
    • Were you attempting to remove malware when the system became unbootable?
    • Have you had to deal with malware on the system recently?
  • If not malware, was there any other issue evident with the system or were you doing anything unusual that may have inadvertently caused this problem?

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 llucchin

llucchin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

it used to load & every once in a while I would get the BSOD with the same error message 0x0000007B and I would restart the computer. I tried my Anti Virus Norton 360 but it never got rid of it & I kept getting the BSOD every once in a while. I backed up my files & fid return to last known working condition & that didn't help. I restored to previous date & no help, I did complete system restore to factory settings & restarted the computer. Now it will not load windows at all it just flashes the same BSOD message to and restarts.

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Let's have a look at the MBR (Master Boot Record): You will need a USB drive/flashdrive and a new blank writable CD.

:step1: Please do the following on a working computer:
  • Download GETxPUD.exe to the Desktop.
  • Run GETxPUD.exe
    A new folder will appear on the desktop.
  • Open the GETxPUD folder and click on get&burn.bat
  • The program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and when finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.
    Please be patient: This could take awhile - download file size 63MB.
  • Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.
You will use this CD to boot the ailing computer from.

:step2: Boot the ailing computer with the xPUD CD.
  • (You may have to configure the Boot Menu or BIOS Setup Menu to boot first from the optical/CD/DVD drive.)
    A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear.
  • Click on File.
  • Expand the mnt icon on the left (click on the little arrow beside the icon).
    • sda1, sda2 etc. ...usually correspond to your HDD partitions
    • sdb1, sdc1 is likely to correspond to a USB flashdrive, external USB hard drive etc.
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?).
  • Click Tool on the top menu, and choose Open Terminal.
  • Type the following at the hash prompt:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

• Note: Leave a space between the following:
      • dd ... the executable application used to create the backup
      • if=/dev/sda ... the device the backup is created from (the hard drive when only one HDD exists)
      • of=mbr.bin ... the backup file to create - note the lack of a path - it will be created in the directory currently open in the Terminal
      • bs=512 ... the number of bytes in the backup
      • count=1 ... says to backup just 1 sector
        It is extremely important that the if and of statements are correctly entered.
  • Press the <ENTER> key.
    After it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.bin.
  • Go to Home > Power Off > Turn Off and remove the flashdrive as the system shuts down.

:step3: On the working computer:
  • Insert the USB drive, and navigate to the file mbr.bin
  • Zip-up the mbr.bin file:
    • Right-click on the file and choose Send to .. > Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      A zipped folder will appear in the same location as the mbr.bin file.
  • Please attach the zipped file to your next reply.
    This will allow the MasterBootRecord of your hard drive to be checked to see whether or not it is infected &/or damaged.

AustrAlien

Posted Image

#5 llucchin

llucchin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thank you but my other computer doesn't have a disk drive its a network or something like that. I have an update for you! I did f12 and booted from CD/DVD & was able to successfully install windows 7 operating system. I installed my Norton 360 and Microsoft Office & Adobe CS6 & the computer was running great. Today my computer screen flashed black very quickly a few times and the bottom right corner of the screen said "Display driver stopped working" about 30 seconds later I got the BSOD again with the same code & my computer restarted. As of this moment it is still working but I now believe I never had a virus since Norton never was able to find one & soothing is wrong with my "Display Driver". I also wanted to add that I have all my Windows updates installed

#6 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

As of this moment it is still working ...

If it's possible, would you please collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem.

:step1: Please follow the instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8, 7 & Vista

(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the Documents folder!)
... with one exception to the following line under Step 4:
  • "Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s)."
The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).
  • Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.
See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
  • http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-services
  • http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/
  • http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

I can recommend Posted Image: Also suitable is Posted Image

:step2: Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.
  • It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

:step3: Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your Desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Click Go.
    When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
  • Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
    (Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

AustrAlien

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users